Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Reflection from the Couch

It's official. I have turned into one of those people who can sit for hours and watch allllllll spiritual television channels. I can remember my grandparents, or any older person for that matter, when I was younger watching either The Price Is Right, Murder She Wrote, Matlock, the Andy Griffith Show, or anything spiritual. I also remember believing that this was prime time torture for me! Who in their right mind can sit and just watch this stuff. Was I being punished? What did I do to deserve this?!? I couldn't stand it, but as I grow I understand the significance of the spiritual shows. The jury is still out on the other shows. You probably won't catch me watching any of those at this point, but you may catch me watching me a little Joyce Meyer

I realize that it is all about my personal growth. Of course, as a kid I may not have understood the purpose of listening to people preach on television. It wasn't speaking to me back then, but my God, it is speaking to me now. As I learn and grow in Christ it is evident that I am being changed from the inside out. He speaks to me all the time now. I don't always listen, but he does speak. I now value the things that had no value at one point. I don't want to confuse anyone and have them to believe that I "live next door to Jesus" because that is not the case. I am ME all day everyday, but I am a new and slightly more improved ME. I am different. I am changed. I am being changed and I accept that change. The good part about it all is that God loves me as I am today, not as I will be in the future. He knows that I am a work in progress. The problem comes when people don't understand that WORK that God is performing in me/you. It's all about the connection being made with God. Nothing else matters. I thank God for my new/renewed understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment