Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Wedding: In the End

For the finale, I am just beginning to have fun with my siblings when my mama walks in and says that she is ready to go...alright then. Everything is coming to an end and I am starting to feel a little better and figure this whole thing out. Did everything go according to plan? Hell no.  Was it perfection? No. Was it what I envisioned? Absolutely not!  Everything was smooth sailing until the last couple weeks leading up to the Wedding. All hell broke loose at the VERY LAST MINUTE, but I wouldn't trade the experience. In the end it's not about the niggas that BEGGED to attend the wedding and then not show up. It's not about the niggas who you considered to be friends, not showing up, not telling you they weren't coming until the next day on FB via a status, as if they couldn't call you. How selfish is that though seriously? It's not about the dress, the flowers, the decor, the cake, which was banana flavored by the way. It's not about who came and who didn't.  It's ALL about walking down that aisle, to the person you know for a FACT that you are suppose to spend the rest of your days with. It's about your connection. It's about uniting, as one, against the world. It's about starting a new life, new chapter.  

My advice to anyone who is getting married or thinking about it is this, make sure you are both on the same page. As long as you both agree then it's fine. People on the outside should have no say so because it's not about them. It's about the people who exchanged those Vows. If you want a big/small wedding, by all means, go for it. Just know that people are going to be people and that entails a lot. Be ready for anything. Things probably won't go according to what you envision, but keep your eye on what's important.

I didn't have a very traditional wedding because that's not what I wanted. Your wedding should be a reflection of you. Of course, everyone will have an opinion, but we know what they say of opinions... In some people's eyes I didn't do a lot of things "the way it should have been done" and I don't care. All I care about is the man that was waiting on me at the end of that aisle. Smirking at me. Reassuring me. 

2 comments:

  1. Lametrias Hall-McDanielOctober 9, 2013 at 6:30 AM

    Gurl! I am ten toes down agreeing with u on this post. Honey i invited about 150ppl and 75/100showed up and the txts and fb statuses were rediculous! Anywho GREAT post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana cake...I would have LOVED to taste that! I love bananas! Glad you didn't stick to the traditional...did your thing the wanted to and both of you were happy!

    ReplyDelete