Monday, October 7, 2013

Sucker Free

I believe DMX said it best, "It's hard to be sucker free, in a room full of lollipops". I swear every time I turn around I feel like someone has a new "bone" to pick with me. Some of these bones are so old that they are more of a dust or powdery substance. It has become increasingly difficult for me to maintain my chill when people around me are waiting on that moment where they can "catch me slippin". What is going on in the world when, more than anything, we want to see the next person fail? Why is such satisfaction gained through the failure of others? Reminds me of the old Field Mob song, "You be frowning when I'm smiling. You be smiling when I'm frowning. When I'm glad you get mad." Why is everybody so dang mad at the success of others. You too, could have certain successes if you weren't busy focusing on ways to stop someone else's success. I guess in your own right you are successful in something and that's being a PRIME TIME HATER. Congratulations on accomplishing nothing. We have got to do better. Be better. Live better. Love better.

1 comment: