Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Wedding: In the beginning...

    I married my soul mate, love of my life, October 13, 2012. Our anniversary is upon us and I have been reflecting heavily on everything that happened last year around this time. Our colors were Blush, Black, and Ivory. I had four bridesmaids and he had four groomsmen. There were four flower girls, one ring bearer, my beloved baby brother Mr. Riley, and four hostesses. I was accompanied down the aisle by my ever so dashing brother, Tremayne. The weather was superb. It had rained the night prior and I remember thinking disastrous thoughts, but the next day the sky was clear and delightfully blue. It honestly looks fake in the pictures. Although the weather was picturesque the day was not going according to plan. Let me just say that from the BEGINNING I did not want a wedding. 
    
   Moving right along, I had a hair appointment to get to early that A.M. and being a natural girl I was nervous about how that was going to turn out. My mama was suppose to be at my place of residence, with the entire clan, early that morning so we could all be in one place once hair and make up was done. Two of the bridesmaids spent the night with me and one picked me up that faithful morning. My MOH was on point as usual. She was on time picking me up and we were on our way. While in route to "the shop" I get a call from my mama asking me should she bring everybody with her...seriously? This is when the day begins to go all the way south. The plan was to be in Arkansas at a certain time to take pics before the actual ceremony. By now I'm sure you can tell that never happened for me. Nooooooooope. Didn't happen. 
   
    Fast forward to the point where my mama actually makes it to the shop. She is now resisting the ENTIRE reason for her coming, which was HAIR/MAKEUP. How is that? One of my sisters allowed someone to give her the WORST possible sew in that I have ever seen, so she is not happy either. At this point, focus is going everywhere except where it should. Not to sound selfish, buuuuuuut it was suppose to be about me. What I wanted. What I discussed with people months prior. I'm mad as hell about this sew in, about my mama's tardiness/resistance, among other things, etc. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment